Advanced Placement (AP)
Advanced Placement Coordinator
Mr. Patrick Waugh
***UPDATED MESSAGE REGARDING AP EXAM PAYMENT**
- An email, with an invoice, has been sent to your parent or guardian's email address. You have until Friday, October 30th at 3pm (no exceptions) to pay for your AP exams.
- If you are paying by credit card please follow the instructions in the email with the invoice.
- If you are paying by cash or check you can pay in person at San Gabriel High School (front of the school) on the following dates and times. Cash must be exact change only - no change will be provided.
Wednesday, October 21st 8:30am - 3:30pm
Friday, October 23rd 1:25pm - 3:30pm
AP Test Registration 2020-2021 Timeline
- 9/2: SGHS email for information about fee waivers/student Q and A
- 10/2 : Fee waivers due to the Office of Instruction. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10/2: Deadline to commit to taking AP tests on the College Board website. You need to change all of your classes from “undecided” to “yes” or “no’. You can’t pay for your tests until this step is completed.
- 10/9: Bank will begin accepting payment for tests
- You can pay for ALL of your tests at the same time. District will send an email to parents ( via paypal) to pay with a credit card, OR pay in person (cash or credit card) - date TBD.
- 10/30: Deadline to pay for AP tests
****** Any test changes after 11/13 will result in a $40 late order penalty fee*****
- Decide to take a test after 11/13 = $95 + $40 penalty fee
- No penalty fee for canceling a test before 3/12
Notes: Check your AUSD email REGULARLY for updates on forms and deadlines from SGHS. Check your PERSONAL email for information from the College Board.
Pro-tip: set your school email to forward to your personal email.
*** Because this is all new and the district is adjusting, all of these dates are subject to change.
Please contact Mr. Waugh if you have any questions or need help with anything.