The Career Center provides you with the following services:
- College and Career Speakers - During the school year, the College & Career Center coordinates College and Career presentations in an informational setting. Students have the opportunity to speak with College representatives as well as people in a variety of occupations and professions.
- College & University Field Trips - Throughout the school year, the College & Career Center takes students to colleges and universities within the Southern California area so that students get a chance to explore different options for post-secondary education.
- College Readiness Information - The College & Career Center guides students through the college exploration and application process by providing information about types of colleges, college majors, financial aid, SAT/ACT tests, personal statements, and other college-related topics.
- Career Technical Education (CTE) Classes - CTE classes are offered during the regular class day, after school, and in the evening. The students learn job specific skills and can receive a certificate of completion and graduation credits. Students need to be in grades 10, 11, or 12 to attend these classes.
- Career Guidance Information - The College & Career Center has a complete career library with written information, career interest assessments, labor market information, and computer software programs to help students answer career/college questions. This available resource can help our students explore their future and potential.
- Dual Enrollment: Dual enrollment, sometimes called concurrent enrollment, is a program that allows high school students (usually sophomores, juniors, and seniors) to enroll in college courses for credit prior to high school graduation.
- Work Permits - State of California requires students who are under 18 years to obtain a work permit from their home school. Application is available at the College & Career Center or you may download application from the link below. Please return completed application with Student ID card along with original Social Security Card to Ms. Marquez for processing. To download the work permit, go to: http://tinyurl.com/AUSDworkpermit
- Jobs/Internships/Volunteer Opportunities Bulletin - The College & Career Center maintains a list of local job, internship, and volunteer opportunities for our students. Paper applications are available at the College & Career Center and students can stay up to date by visiting our website.
- Scholarship Bulletin - The College & Career Center provides a list of local and national scholarships. This list is available at the College & Career Center or by checking the online Scholarship Bulletin.