- Students are to be neat and clean upon entering school.
- Gang related clothing is specifically prohibited. This includes but not limited to:
- Baggy Pants
- Over sized shirts
- Any Jersey excluding SGHS team uniforms
- Lettered belt buckles
- Hats, caps and other head coverings shall not be worn indoors. Exceptions for medical or religious reasons are available, consult with principal or designee.
- Or any other item which could be considered gang related
- Appropriate footwear is required at all times. Sandals must have heel straps; no backless sandals or thongs.
- No bare midriff tops.
- Jewelry must be safe and not distracting to others.
- No wallet chains
- No clothing revealing bare shoulders
- No fishnet or see-thru fabric
- No spaghetti straps (cannot be less than 2 inches in width).
- No low cut, revealing hip hugger pants
- No exposed under garments
- Students shall not wear any clothing, badges, or buttons which are obscene, libelous or slanderous (CEC § 35183):
- Are obscene
- Libelous or slanderous
- Express or advocate racial, ethnic, sexual or religious prejudice.
- Depict violence and/or cruelty
- Advertise alcohol, drugs, or tobacco
Or Any clothing which disrupts the educational process is prohibited.
All this information can be found in the Alhambra Unified School District Parent/Student Handbook